Monday, September 17, 2007

An Ellsworth Monday

I just thought I'd blog my most recent email to a friend. It's short and sweet but I thought it was blog worthy. I really am going to blob about my awesome birthday present of seeing my sisters.
Today is our Monday! We were running around like crazy, getting oriented for Corynn's first day of preschool tomorrow. She's excited I think. :) At least she'll be interacting with other kids her own age for a little bit more time. I always love hearing the new things they are learning too. It cracks me up to hear their interpretation on things. Right now she is playing "puppies" out on the deck and Taison is napping. I'm exhausted. We all slept funny last night. Each person took a turn waking up. I think the weather is starting to get cold and the kids weren't warm enough or something. We are working on getting Taison to sleep through the night. He's weaned now that I went on that trip with my sisters. It's kind of sad to be done, but I will definetly enjoy the sleeping through the night part.
So I just discovered moths in my cupboards. Yuck! Then we had a family over for dinner yesterday and while I was making powdered mashed potatoes I found a package with a white caterpillar inside!!!! Gross me out and I'm even alright with most bugs. You mess with my food, and I get real disgusted. Jon's researched it online and now I have to go through all the food in the cupboard, toss the opened stuff and put anything I want to keep in the freezer for 4 days. Luckily we have a big freezer we got last year that is pretty empty. It just makes me nervous about my food storage down stairs. There's some flour that's not in heavy duty buckets. I think this week I'm going to go buy some more buckets and seal up the random food in boxes that I've been saving. These bugs aren't taking me down without a fight! :)

2 comments:

The Meesh said...

sick! I am NOT ok with bugs in or near my food. Kick their trash!

Kelley said...

Ugh. I had similar problem with mice, and had to put every single thing in plastic. I bought a whole bunch of the McCauleys' containers, and went through my pantry with a fine-toothed comb, and finally got the mice under control. It was awful!