Sunday, August 12, 2007

Mom's Weekly Aug 12 2007

August 12, 2007
Dear Family, I am about to pull my hair out. I have been trying to fill out our mission paper work---which is now done on-line but my speed is 16mgh and the church site isn’t very fast either. I have to find me a faster computer connection somewhere. Dad got the downstairs windows finished and they look really nice. They have the big window well around them and wood trim both inside and outside. We have painted the two downstairs bedrooms and washed down walls the windows and doors and they all look pretty good. The family room is a mess with boxes of family history stuff all over. I ventured into the “under the stairs” sanctuary and hauled out a lot of stuff. A lot has been packed into the storage room, sorted and labeled and of course out of reach if I need it. Karl, I have the other movie tapes of the family. I found the family reunions movie with the reel to reel stuff under the TV. Shall I send all of them to you? It does pay to clean out the whole house occasionally and put the things that belong together—together. Kari—I have been through ALL the boxes in the basement and your blessing dress is not here. Maybe you will find it as you move one day and unpack all your stuff. Max and Doreen will be here this week to go through his stuff. They had a nice reunion at Aspen Grove with most of the kids. The kids had all met somewhere where I-70 and I 15 meet and went 4-wheeling. Hallie had a serious accident where they thought she had a broken collar bone and broken ribs. She was given a blessing on site and after all kinds of x-rays and cat scans….she was just badly bruised. What suffering we would endure if we didn’t have the priesthood. We ate our first tomatoes and corn-on the cob from the garden yesterday and we have huge green peppers and lots of squash. And even watermelon and cantaloupe—if I don’t wait too long to pick them or pick them too soon….how do you tell? I took the camera disks to WalMart and had them downloaded onto a CD so they are saved. In all this stuff I have lost the travel-drive with the accounting on it so I have to get another one to save the pictures, documents and bookkeeping on. Dad talked in church today about service as a missionary tool. Grandpa’s hearing aid fell out today and he stepped on it so that is another mess to take care of…Aimee is planning to take off for a week, Michelle, so she may call you to take Grandpa to my cousin Marjean’s homecoming from her mission in Scotland on the 26th being held in American Fork. I am trying to hunt down the daughter to find out times and address of the church. He did spend time with Max and his family and it seemed to go well. Michael we enjoyed our experience. That is a neat although tough one to go through… but we have an easy life in comparison don’t we? Shaunae, we didn’t hear how Palmyra and the pageant went ? Were you able to get the picture of the statue? I hope you will all take the time to call each other and stay in touch with each other’s life experiences. Belva’s latest husband is going downhill fast. He has neither friend or family that has any interesting him except Dad ( his hometeacher) and Belva. When he dies there will be no one to come to his funeral. Over the years he has made no effort to stay in touch with his family in Arkansas so no one cares about him. You each have interesting experiences at work or school or home that the rest of us would enjoy knowing about. Please make the effort. I have asked questions and have received no answer to them. I have sent thing and have received no acknowledgment of them having arrived. Silence is not golden, it is frustrating. We love you all very much. Love MOM

No comments: