Monday, October 15, 2007

Living life or something that looks like it.

A coworker stopped by my office this morning and asked me to smile. Seems I looked a little too serious for his liking. He also said that if we're feeling weighed down and ho hum that we need to shake things up. Boy would I like to!

I've been feeling like I have a huge "pause" button on my forehead. I've known since the day I accepted this job that it was a short term gig for me. I thought something else would come up by September, at least that's the impressions I kept receiving over and over again. Well, September came and went. The only semi exciting thing that happened was I started dating a boy that came to Bryce with us. There's plenty of drama related to that, but the bottom line is... I'm just not feeling it. I freaked out for a good couple days, went to therapy and felt better, was finally my self around him, and he around me, but it's just not there. But, no harm done, he's taught me a lot about dating and getting back into that scene and being healthy about it, so I consider that a successful relationship. :)

So back to "work". I'm trunky in a big way. Having a non-committal relationship with work is really hard. There's always a part of me longing for something better, knowing that this isn't the right fit for me. Late last week an old colleague from Altiris called me about a position being created at the company he's with now and he was recommending me for the position. Based on his description I think it's right up my alley and might be what I've been waiting for. I'm super excited, but I'm trying not to be anymore distracted then I already am. The best I can do is keep getting the stuff done here that will allow me to feel good about leaving them. I certainly wouldn't feel good about leaving them with projects undone. They're so scrambled here as it is. Sigh... I just wish I knew for sure if this new job was it. I'm so done with the craziness here. That and I really don't want to spend Halloween in Minneapolis for some conference. Yuck.

Well, enough of my belly-aching. I took some awesome night time photos among the hoo doos in Bryce. I keep meaning to get them up. I'll put that on my to do list this week.

Love ya!
Meesh

No comments: